Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Metal Years

The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

During the late 80's I was a teenage rocker obsessed with metal. I bought all the magazines, had the cassettes and draped my rooms with posters of rock stars. I had the metal shirts, leather jacket and requisite metal jewelry. Of course I had the long hair. I loved that time period and remember renting this movie and watching it over and over again. Every band seemed like they were having the time of their life with the drugs, girls and booze. It seemed that this scene was the IT scene back in the day. This movie has so many awesome scenes. It starts with the glam newcomers then goes into the veterans and ends with Dave Mustaine who is one of the only real people in this whole movie. Dave seems like he is into the scene to play music and not to score chicks or radio hits. Odin is great also as they insult and degrade women but are hounded by the metal sluts. The part where they are at Gazzaris "judging" a dance contest is hilarious. Odin in the jacuzzi with the sluts is great, "It's like we have a check for a million dollars but no bank to cash it in!" Ha! Paul Stanley is great as he is shown through an overhead camera on a giant bed with about 8 lingerie-clad sluts and he says, "Dont let anyone tell you you can't live like this. I do. If you want it, you do it." Great line. This movie is hilarious.

The Wonder Years

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home